(via Frederik Frede)
- There are three states of being. Not knowing, action and completion.
- Accept that everything is a draft. It helps to get it done.
- There is no editing stage.
- Pretending you know what you’re doing is almost the same as knowing what you are doing, so just accept that you know what you’re doing even if you don’t and do it.
- Banish procrastination. If you wait more than week to get an idea done, abandon it.
- The point of being done is not to finish, but to get other things done.
- Once you’re done you can throw it away.
- Laugh at perfection. It’s boring and keeps you from being done.
- People without dirty hands are wrong. Doing something makes you right.
- Failure counts as done. So do mistakes.
- Destruction is a variant of done.
- If you have an idea and publish it on the internet, that counts as a ghost of done.
- Done is the engine of more.
(via Fast Company)
Always good to know:
Isn’t this a skill we should all have? No?
“Where do babies come from?”
I haven’t had to respond to this question from a kid yet, but I’m sure when it comes, I’d panic.
Kia released their ad from Sunday’s game early, featuring the all-new 2014 Kia Sorento Limited. When the kid asks, “where do babies come from” his father, with the help of the Kia’s infotainment system, pieces together an other-worldly answer to an ever-feared question. Just a car, helping a man out.
A clever video of our habits…er, obsessions, with social media outlets. It’s a great representation of where we spend our time. Complete with bright colors, graphs, tables, stats, studies and research. Definitely a video for the nerd in all of us.
Everyone around you is a beer snob…and they look at you funny when you call hops “schnapps” and drink draft beer. Well worry no longer nerds! Here is your complete guide to Beerology. Check out this infographic from Pimsleur Approach for your lesson on beer. Soon you will be known as the beer nerd/geek.
Source: Pimsleur Approach
Is college really worth it anymore? I mean…look at all of the successful people out there that didn’t go to college at all or at least only for a little while. There are actually quite a few noteworthy people that didn’t finish or even go to college! Not just from the sense of lucrative options, but you have to consider the job markets and how saturated most of them are. You need to find a degree that will help you stand out. Basketweaving and CarpetBall Degrees are not gonna cut it. Of course if you want to work at Longaberger or a gaming company…those might just suit you well.
Think further than just your hometown…you can go ANYWHERE! There are scholarships, grants, loans, military, and all kinds of resources to help pay for college. What you do with that money is dependent on you. You have to make that decision. Whether you go to college to party hard and meet lots of chicks or you go there to be on the sports teams, remember that the degree you choose is the degree that you will get hired with someday. Learn how to network, hustle, and overall just crush the opposition at everything.
Check out this infographic from degreejungle.com
Presented by DegreeJungle – Is College Still Worth It?
Romney vs Obama. The square off of giants…who will be the next president. Well it’s up to you to decide! Anyways…here is an interesting infographic I created with @visually gauging the differences in twitter usage between our two candidates. Just a little something to look at while you drink your coffee while you cool off from that VP debate last night!